“When you reach an obstacle, turn it into an opportunity. You have the choice. You can overcome and be a winner, or you can let it overcome you and be a loser. The choice is yours and yours alone. Refuse to throw in the towel. It is far better to be exhausted from success than to be rested from failure.” – Mary Kay Ash.
What does this quote mean? Well, it just means no matter what situation you are in, you should overcome it. You shouldn’t let your hurdles slow you down. You should be a fighter. Try as hard as you can to achieve your dreams and try as much as possible to turn a bad situation into a good one.
I know how you are feeling. Adults around you tell you to follow your dreams. They tell you to dream big. Personally, I know that this feels like a daunting task. I’m talking from experience. You don’t know where to start from and you think it’s going to be terrifying. Well, contrary to what you think, if you put your mind to it, you can achieve any dream that you dream about and it just takes a few steps.
A dream, according to Merriam Webster dictionary, is a strongly desired goal or purpose; something that fully satisfies a wish. When you envision your dream, you work out a target that you want to reach, an aim that is admired and one that will please you. You think about the destination, an outcome, that you want with all your longing to occur. The problem is that this outcome and where you are now seems like worlds apart.
Let me tell you the process you have to go through if you want to make all your dreams come true:
- To achieve your dreams, you must first envision them. You must have a clear understanding and know what you want and you must know why you want it. This is the first step in achieving your dreams.
- After you have figured out what you want your dream to be, make a plan on how you are going to achieve it. Write down what you will do everyday to succeed in reaching your dream and work on it. Take note of the people that will help you achieve success. Plan out what you have to do to achieve your dream and put in the effort to accomplish it.
- Every month or so, look at where you are in achieving success and if you need to do something else, update your strategy. Once you are done with this, treat yourself with something that motivates you to keep on going!
- If you feel down in the dumps and you don’t want to go on, go to this website and read some inspiring quotes.
- Remember to enjoy the trip that you go on as you try to fulfill your wishes- hold on though, because it will be a very bumpy ride!
Perseverance. That’s a word that will stay with you the entire time you are on the road to achieving your dreams. Perseverance means persisting in something- overcoming every obstacle that comes your way. It means having enough courage to move on. No matter how difficult it is, if you persevere, you will achieve success. Yes, it might be hard, but always remember that: “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.”- Julie Andrews.